We rely on our air conditioners to keep our homes cool during the hot, blazing heat of summer. The cooling unit plays an important role in maintaining the comfort and safety of our living spaces, whether we realize it or not. Unfortunately, most homeowners put off annual tune-ups until serious problems arise with their air conditioners. A filthy AC unit can cause your energy bills to skyrocket and is likely to release debris into the air. This is why, similar to a furnace repair service, your cooling unit needs inspected, tested and cleaned, too.
Why Does an Air Conditioner Need a Tune-Up?
Air conditioners are put through a lot, especially during warm weather. Without regular inspections, maintenance and tune-ups, your unit will most likely break down before it’s even reached the end of its service life. In fact, as little as 0.042 inches of dirt buildup in the filters will cause the efficiency rate of the unit to drop by up to 21%. There are many great benefits that come with getting an annual tune-up, including:
- Prevention of breakdowns: Spring maintenance service can help detect problems like refrigerant leaks and frozen evaporator coils early on, saving you the headache of making untimely AC repair calls to a local contractor.
- Increased energy efficiency: Along with the money you’ll save by avoiding emergency repairs, you can also save on your energy bills by up to 30%. Since your home’s energy costs are from heating and cooling, making sure that your units are efficient is essential if you want to protect this valuable investment.
Signs That You Need an AC Tune-Up
When your AC unit acts strangely, you’re likely to experience costly repairs and possible health issues in the future. To prevent this from happening, look for these common symptoms:
- Your system is constantly blowing warm air instead of cool air.
- The vents produce weak airflow.
- The cooling unit undergoes dramatic temperature changes from room to room.
- Mold-inducing moisture is present in the home.
- Unpleasant odors are being emitted into the air.
Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc. is a trusted company focusing on air conditioner and furnace installation and maintenance projects. When you choose to work with us, our dedicated team of specialists will take care of your home. You may reach us for emergency repairs at (905) 763-2400 for more information. Should you require our services, fill out our convenient contact form to schedule a consultation.